Friday, June 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

We're back home - whew! The rest of the test was pretty uneventful (which I am thankful for). We should have the results of her test within a week. Scott and Talan came by to visit with us for a few hours which was awesome. We really needed some company! :)
Daddy and his little angel


The proud big brother!

Me and my 2 angels!


Trista went to sleep around 8:30 last night. Sounds great, right? Nah - then she got up at 11:00pm refreshed and ready to hang out. So, we watched some Michael Jackson tributes then finally went to sleep somewhere around 3 or 4am. Can you say exhausted??
Around 10am they pulled the tube out and I was able to get her dressed and ready to roll.








While we were in the hospital, Trista kept tugging at her right ear. I mentioned this to the nurse practitioner and she suggested I contact her ENT doc when we got home. As soon as we walked in the door, Trista started crying like crazy and pulling at her ear again. She's been on this set of antibiotics for 1 week now. So, I called her ENT doc to see what they had to say. They are concerned that the antibiotic isn't working and that she needs something stronger. At first they wanted me to come back to Children's to have her seen this afternoon. I was at my wits end and asked if there was any way he could prescribe something over the phone since we had just come home from a 24 hour stay there. He agreed and now I am off to get yet another antibiotic. They want to try this over the weekend and see her on Monday.
Thanks for all of your prayers and messages. It truly helps during the ups and downs we have faced throughout Trista's journey. For now, I am ready for a nice and relaxing weekend!
Happy Friday, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that yall are back home,there's no place like it!Hate to hear here little ear is giving her problems,maybe the stronger antibiotic will help.I'll be praying for her,sweet baby.The pictures were adorable!! Love and prayers from Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI...

    I just recently became a follower. I just wanted to say that I admire your strength as a Mother & a Wife!!! I know this journey must be a tough one...but just know that your doing a Great Job and your Beautiful family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    God Bless from Arizona!!!

    ReplyDelete