Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Talan's 1st Field Trip!

So, Talan had his very first Field Trip today. Oh man, was he excited!!! Most of you know that he is a little cowboy at heart so he was right at home with the dirt & animals. I had to talk him out of wearing his cowboy boots and hat to school today...I thought it might be a little over the top for preschool - HA! :)

He was so excited that I was able to come with him. I was excited too! I was able to get off of work for the morning which I was so thankful for. I love my one-on-one time with my little man. Sometimes I think he feels like it's always about Trista, so its nice to remind him how special HE is.
Here he is on the school bus ready to go. I think he was just excited about riding the school bus as he was about the farm. Why is that anyway? Isn't it funny that they think its the greatest thing until they actually have to ride it every day to and from school?? Ok, I'm digressing...

The destination was Sunrock Farms in Northern Kentucky. It was a really cute place and it was nice to meet some of Talan's friends and their parents.

They pet a duck....

Saw chickens...

Planted some wheat seeds...


Milked a goat (you know you're laughing)...


Gathered some eggs...



and held some baby chicks!


Whew! They were definitely exhausted and ready for naps on the bus ride home! It was great day and one I'm so glad I was able to get to spend with Talan.

Here is a picture that Trista's teacher, Megan, sent me yesterday. Doesn't she look like she could just bust out with a little... "STOP..IN THE NAME OF LOVE"



Thought you might need a laugh! :)

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment